Monday, September 27, 2021

3D Art - Module 2 Week 5 - Cannon

This is the beginning of a 3 week long project creating a game ready model of a cannon. I decided to go with a sci-fi cannon. I have a pretty good start for the low poly although I am thinking of some small changes I may make to simplify it. I have some turbine fins that I placed that I might remove as it is extra detail that isn't super important along with some areas to remove from the low-poly and get put into the normal bake.

Here is the wireframe. There currently is 14116 faces / 28102 tris.




These are the references I have been using and basing my model off of. I am taking bits and pieces from a variety of them for the barrel shape, the array of panels, and the leg components. I like the industrial look but I didn't want to lean into it too heavily and introduced some smoothness to parts. I also ended up steering away from the bottom 2 images 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Common Art 3 - Sprint #6 / Final Delivery

For this delivery, I did final touch ups on a number of effects and some functionality issues. The charge beam and arm cannon had a couple m...