Thursday, September 30, 2021

Common Art - Week 5 - Composition



Reference from Sparth, more of his work can be found at https://www.artstation.com/sparth

 
Here we focused on composition types while also taking a look at a variety of artists and trying to incorporate a part of their style into our illustration. I really enjoyed Sparth's designs revolving around sci-fi environmental pieces and really enjoyed how visible his brush strokes were in all of his pieces. 

I decided to make a radial composition of a space station built into an asteroid that had a spaceship crashing into it. I started off creating a proxy composition inside of Maya and getting some basic idea of what lighting might look like. I toned down the brightness of the orange light in the final scene as it felt like things got a bit blown out in a number of areas. I feel like overall I missed the mark quite a bit and it didn't come out that well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Common Art 3 - Sprint #6 / Final Delivery

For this delivery, I did final touch ups on a number of effects and some functionality issues. The charge beam and arm cannon had a couple m...