Monday, October 4, 2021

3D Art - Module 2 Week 6 - Cannon (advanced)

 I fell behind this week and didn't get as much detail as I would have liked. I smoothed, and got panels in various areas. I didn't move into ZBrush as I felt that working in Maya would provide the best tools for hard surface modeling even at high poly counts. There were a number of extra parts of the model that I ended up removing due to adding too many polygon while adding little detail. There are also a number of details I am planning on adding to the normal/bump map inside of substance instead of trying to model and then bake down. Overall though I will need to play a bit of catch up as UVs are far from done.


High Poly Cannon with smoothing and paneling, 11.6 million tris


Low Poly Cannon, 19794 tris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Common Art 3 - Sprint #6 / Final Delivery

For this delivery, I did final touch ups on a number of effects and some functionality issues. The charge beam and arm cannon had a couple m...